Something Different // 'Adventures' // Was that a hint of a new WIP?

So, Probably by the Title you guessed that this is a sort-of different post.
Yeah. It is.
But it has a bit of a backstory, so bare with me:
This morning, at around Five AM I woke up with something stuck in my head, but it wasn't a song lyric I knew, I don't remember what it was /exactly,/ but it was something like: "Ahead of me is a new blank canvas."
So, like any other sane human being, I spent a load of time today writing it into a song, with hints of one of my new stories I'm going to write; Entropy. I honestly tried to do a recording of me singing it, but I couldn't get it right, so these are the lyrics:

Boy Girl Both

Verse 1.
“Ahead of me is a new blank canvas”
“Just like the one I've seen so many times”
“Can't they come up with something new?”
“Oh great they took her away from me.”

Verse 2.
“You were always right there next to me”
“Even if you weren't alongside me”
“You once said you'd grind me to a pulp”
“But now I don't think you really meant that”

Chorus
“You helped me survive the shaking earth”
“You helped me survive the shifting dust”
“You helped me survive the howling winds”
“You helped me survive the adventures.”

Verse 3.
“I'm on the run to get you back”
“But they're after me, always on the attack”
“I'm desperate; I don't know what to do”
“That's all I can, it's now up to you”

Verse 4.
“I'm finally free once more”
“To stop they, who captured me”
“It's time for revenge, to start the plan”
“It's time for me to have a little payback”

Chorus

Verse 5
“I don't want to go through it again.”
“I don't want to lose you again”
“Just be careful what you do.”
“So I don't have to come running after you.”

Verse 6.
“Does this mean what I think it means?”
“Does this mean that you have a spot for me?”
“I'll be careful, don't worry 'bout me.”
“I'm destined to save humanity.”

Chorus

Verse 7.
“You didn't take my advice!”
“I didn't have to.”
“You should've taken my advice!”
“Can't you see that this is meant to be?”
“Can't you see that I've saved humanity?”

“You know I'll be back, and when I am”
“You'll know that I'm ready, you'll know that I am.”


Chorus x2

This isn't the big post I talked about a while ago, still waiting on that one, I'm afraid.
Enjoy!
-Ral

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Okay, so this happened apparently... // Taggin' Time 😀

Mart Dump (Get it? Cos it's March..? I'll leave now)

The Spaceships and Vampires Monthly Writing Challenge: December