Snippets! Woot woot .-.

Hey Guys!

So, I've been working on two stories - One my "A Child of Merlin" Story, one you'll see soon 😉 and I decided to put some snippets up for my Merlin story. So, here they are! .D.
_________________________________________________________________________________

We walk into the central square. It is where the ceremony begins. I am excited, so much so that I'm sure that I've given it away.
“It is time, once more, for the ceremony.” The Mayor, who has been filling in for the King while He's a child, calls out. “I will call out the Noble member of the Court's name, and they will be Chosen. Merlin!”
I grin as my friends gasp, shocked. “That's what I couldn't tell you.. Sorry.” I wink at them.
“Tristan!”
It's my turn to gasp, as above Tanner's head appears a symbol. One appears above Mordaze's too. It looks like he is the newest member of the King's Court.
“Lancealot!”
Layne stands there, stunned, as the Symbol appears above his head.
“King Arthur!”
My eyes widen as Ackerley is chosen. This goes on for a long time, but when Mordred is called, no one is chosen. I suspect they already knew, like me, and took off. But what startles me most, is when Guinevere's called, no one is there, either. We are told that they will turn up, in a while.
_________________________________________________________________________________

I notice something glowing out of the corner of my eye. It's behind a door. I walk over to it, curious. I open it and walk in. And gasp.

Right in front of me is an entire wall of books. I run over to them, closing the door behind me. There are books on everything, from plants to the ocean. I look around the rest of the dimly lit room. There is a bed off to my right, and a huge table off to the left, where a load of bottles are. I recognise some of them, from my books. They have special properties. The Bottles have had spell after spell put on them, so they can't be smashed, or broken in any way. There is also an open book on the table. I walk up to it. It's a journal. I flip through some of the pages. Apparently the Merlins before kept a journal.
_________________________________________________________________________________

The fifth of June, 460.
This will be one of my last entries. The signs are coming to past, from the other entries. I have noticed a pattern. My child, if you are reading this, you must finish the Immortality Serum. I have left you all that I have discovered. You must finish the Serum so that this loop of reincarnation can end. Time must move forward. We are stuck in a loop. Research as much as you can, learn as much as you can, and please, find us a way out. Always remember that I love you, my Child. I love you, and so do the Merlins that have come before you. Take care, and don't forget to eat and sleep.
-Fern.
_________________________________________________________________________________
I see a girl, beautiful, bound and gagged, and my old friend, Mordouze, pacing, and muttering.
“They can't be that dumb,” He spits. “They'll find out soon enough, and the-” He looks straight at me. “Hello, Merlin. It's been a while hasn't it?” Startled, I walk backwards. “I can't see you, but I know you're there. Go tell Ackerley that I have his precious little Guinevere, mkay?” He fingers the girl's chin. I wish I could talk sense into him, if not fight him, but the vision ends. I curse loudly and slam my fists on the table, causing a lot of the bottles to topple. They do not smash, though.
I hear noises outside; probably people wondering who said that and what the banging noise was.
_________________________________________________________________________________
 I make my way to the door of the court and-
“Halt!”
-Get caught by the guards who have not seen me in years. I sigh.
“Who are you?!”
“Just let me through, I have urgent business with the king.”
“Another commoner, I'm guessing.” Another guard sneers. I look up at him, eyes blazing. My temper gets the better of me.
“If you call me a commoner one more time I'll turn you into a snake and fling you in the lake.” I hiss.
“You are under arrest for insultin-” The other guard starts.
“Get out of my Way!” I thrust out both of my arms to the side. The guards are thrown into a wall. I wince; I did not mean to hurt them.
But then again, because of the spell, the doors were now wide open. I stride in.
_________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you guys enjoy these snippets! Let me know which one is your favourite!

Also, just quickly, I apologise for not posting much recently - not much has come up.

Just one more quick thing and then I'll be gone;

How would you guys like it if every week or fortnight or so I post a short story? It'd help give me stuff to post (As there isn't much for me to post about lately) and it will (Hopefully) be entertaining for you guys! If you have an idea for a short story or something, just let me know in the comments below!

Anyway, I'll see you in the next one!

-Ral





Comments

  1. YAYY!!! MORE SNIPPETSSSS
    My favourite was the diary one.. so intriguing!
    And YES PLEASE POST STORIES LOTS OF STORIES

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh yes, great job with those snippets! :D
    Go ahead with the stories! I'd love to read them.

    (p.s. I was wondering if you wanted to be in my camp nano cabin again this April?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Okay .D.

      (Sure! I can't wait for it! .D.)

      Delete
  3. Cool snippets Ral! I think my favourite was the one with Mordouze and Guinevere ^-^
    And yes! Write all the short stories ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ye, I liked that one too .D.
      Okie .D.

      Delete
  4. Loved this! 😆 I'd love to read more stories from you! I don't host the monthly writing challenge any more, but if you need inspiration I can give you prompts for short stories if you'd like 😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Okay, so this happened apparently... // Taggin' Time 😀

Mart Dump (Get it? Cos it's March..? I'll leave now)

The Spaceships and Vampires Monthly Writing Challenge: December