Short Story Number one! Yay!

Hey Guys!

So, according to your guys' reaction to the last post I did, you really liked the idea of the short stories!
(Which is even better since I had a sudden inspiration from a new song Psy discovered) And here is the end result. (I'm sorry if it's not that good - I had to try writing from a boy's perspective from the first time ever, so I'm sorry if it's terrible)

Tir na nOg. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw it; a blue spirit. It was quite short, but it was beckoning to me, a smile on its face. I hesitated. I knew what they were. The Wil o’ the Wisps were mischievous spirits, that were said to guide some to a great treasure, or certain death. I look back at the school behind me; I had no friends, I was orphaned. What was one more friendless orphaned boy to the world? They’d stopped caring long ago. I followed the wisps. As I walked, I wondered what they would show me. I’d explored every neck of these woods. I knew it off by heart. I’d had friends as a kid, but they had all moved away. Now I was the awkward kid that everybody steered clear of. We reached a clearing that I’d never seen before; amazingly green grass, with beautiful flowers everywhere. Willow trees hung over head. It reminded me of a Fairy garden I’d seen on an ad in the Tv store. I walked slowly into the middle of the meadow, wondering how on earth I’d ever missed this. I stepped on something and it glowed golden. I lifted my foot in alarm. Now, glowing golden on the grass was a strange symbol;

I wondered what on earth it was doing and what it was when I heard chanting in a strange language. I looked up. And, much to my embarrassment, my mouth fell open in shock. There, holding hands and dancing around me, were five beautiful girls. The youngest looked about eight, while the eldest was roughly my age, sixteen. The words they chanted sounded inhuman, fairy like. It didn’t sound evil, it sounded friendly, and inviting. I found myself wanting to join in, but not knowing the words. Then, a golden and sweet voice came above the chanting; “Come with us, my love one true Come with us, to the place of blue Come with us and play your part Come, do not break our hearts” The eldest held out her hand, and they continued to chant. I hesitated. “Come with us, my only love, To a place, like heaven above, You have the gift of my elven kiss,” The Eldest removed her hand long enough to blow me a kiss, then held her hand out again. “Come with us, through the ancient mist.” I hesitated.. What did I have to worry about again..? All I knew was that I wanted one thing. I wanted to join their happiness. I took her hand-.. And vanished.



Did you like it? It's based the Myth of the song. (Especially the chant. I tried to get a fairy Language translator, but I couldn't find a good one.)

If you have any suggestions, let me know please!


Anyway, see you all later!

-Ral











Comments

  1. Ooh I really liked that! Amazing job, Ral!! *throws confetti and pizza* Keep it up! For a first time, you did a really good job at a guy's POV. :D

    (I've sent you an invite to the camp NaNo cabin!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Aw, thanks .D.

      (Thanks! I'll go an accept it now .D.)

      Delete
  2. Cool!! :D
    I love it, and I'm excited to see more ^w^

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was great! Are you going to write a part two for this story? Or is it a standalone oneshot? ^-^

    Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Maybe, You've just given me an idea.. ;P

      Thanks again!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Okay, so this happened apparently... // Taggin' Time 😀

Mart Dump (Get it? Cos it's March..? I'll leave now)

The Spaceships and Vampires Monthly Writing Challenge: December